We’re looking for a COMMUNITY MANAGER to cultivate engaged social media communities on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social platforms. A proactive and positive communicator, you should have experience providing prompt social customer care, including coordinating or communicating with external customer service teams; serving as the point person for social crisis communications, including advising on strategies, deploying approved messaging, measuring consumer sentiment and analyzing effectiveness of tactics; articulating and employing the appropriate brand voice across social media channels; developing and administering customer delight programs and other fan engagement strategies; researching target audiences to develop a deeper understanding of what clients’ communities care about; and establishing community management best practices, processes and messaging strategies.
As part of our highly collaborative Social Media team, you will be responsible for both bigger picture strategy and day-to-day tactical execution of community management for assigned clients. This includes:
- Responding to comments and customer queries in a timely manner during working hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), ensuring all responses follow best practices, brand protocols and key messaging.
- Cultivating a deep understanding of target audiences and key communities to help clients build authentic relationships with their customers.
- Identifying, engaging and amplifying brand advocates across social media channels, including vetting potential cause marketing, influencer or brand partnerships/sponsorships.
- Escalating potential issues or crises to the broader team when necessary, serving as point person for social media crisis communications.
- Maintaining and updating FAQ database and community management documentation.
- Identifying content that resonates with social media followers, then sharing trends and insights with the social media team to inform ongoing content creation.
- Assisting in development or deployment of reputation management tactics on social media channels.
- Conducting social listening, sentiment analysis and reporting pertaining to brand or industry issues.
We’re looking for a forward-thinker with exceptional written and verbal communication skills who can shift seamlessly between channels, brands and voices, maintain composure during social media crisis situations and appropriately prioritize responses on high-volume social media channels. Previous customer service and pet or animal health experience is a plus.
If you’re ready to help us build engaged communities across social platforms, send in your resume, cover letter and any relevant examples of your community management in practice.
This person could be located in Kansas City, MO; Columbia, MO; or remote.