Social Media Intern
Are you pursuing a degree in marketing, journalism or communications? Woodruff seeks a social media intern who has an insatiable curiosity and a work ethic to match. This social butterfly must be comfortable with all the major social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn – and have experience with each in some capacity beyond personal usage (i.e., previous internship or professional experience, running social for a campus organization or a nonprofit, etc.). You must be a strong writer with an eye for social-specific design and a working knowledge of social media tactics.
As part of the Social Media team, this person will be responsible for:
- Writing social media posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Concepting, creating and scheduling Instagram stories
- Scheduling posts natively and via third-party platforms
- Monitoring and moderating social platforms (and answering frequently asked questions with aplomb)
- Obtaining and organizing user-generated content to repurpose on social channels (hashtags and regrams and fan photos, oh my!)
- Ongoing issues management tasks, such as documenting mentions on social media and key review sites
If interested, please submit samples that showcase your ability to write and concept social media posts and graphics.
This person could work out of the Kansas City, MO, Columbia, MO, or Minneapolis, MN office.